UE4 Vehicle Rigging Addon for Blender
This Blender addon will speed up vehicle rigging process for Unreal Engine 4. Also, it has some built-in functions which will help to set the right unit scale for the project and also upscale objects.
How to install
- Download the addon.
- In the Blender open Edit -> Preferences.
- In the Preferences window open Add-ons section.
- Click the Install button and locate downloaded .zip file, select it and click Install Add-on from File... button.
- In add-on list enable add-on by checking Generic: Unreal Engine 4 Vehicle Rigger.
How to use it
- You can open the addon menu by pressing N key and then selecting UE Vehicle tab in the properties menu.
- When you have your vehicle model made in the Blender (make sure that the vehicle front is pointed to positive X-axis), use object pickers to select vehicle parts and then click Rig Vehicle.
- If after selecting all parts Rig Vehicle button is still disabled, it means, that you haven't set Unit Scale for your project.
- You can set the correct Unit Scale for Unreal Engine 4, by pressing Set Unit Scale button.
- Now you will see that your vehicle size shrank after Unit Scale change, you can upscale it to the previous size by pressing Upscale Objects button.
- Export your vehicle model from the blender using the settings shown below.
Video example on how to use this addon.